People + Planet
- No superiority.
- No stuffiness.
- No nonsense.
- We are a living wage employer.
- We put our customers and their feedback at the heart of everything we do.
- We love humour and making people smile... just read our blog!
- We support local and global charities that really mean something to us.
- We have a zero-plastic policy, so never give out shopping bags - please bring your own!
- We are also constantly trying to get as close to zero waste overall as we possibly can.
- We have four individual types of recycling collected from our store and will add more when we can.
- We only use 100% bleach-free, recycled & recyclable packaging.
- We also (whenever possible) re-use delivery boxes, so they can sometimes look cute and quirky, but the conscience rests easy.
- We also support 1% for the Planet, with our aim being to completely off-set our own environmental impact.
- We want to offer highest quality wine (and other drinks) at a budget dictated by you, alongside as much advice and info as you could ever need or want.
- We wish we could stock local wines, but Scotland is too cold, so we need to import! That said, our beer, gin and whisky range is very locally focused!
- We strive to stock low-intervention wines, made in small-scale production, and with the most environmentally and ethically kind practices possible. The vast majority of what we stock will tick at least one of these boxes, however we also don't prioritise certain practices or styles to the exclusion of others.
- We accept that some regions and countries have no choice but to forego Organic status and use pesticides if they are going to successfully make wine at all, but they can still be ethical about it. All of life is a balance.
- We choose our wines carefully, and love them all equally, and want to tell you all about them.